Last Revised January 27, 2016
1. The association will be known as the Capital Area Minor Football Association Inc., or by its abbreviation CAMFA.
2. The mailing address of CAMFA will be that of the President.
3. The objectives of the CAMFA will include the following:
- To promote, conduct, maintain and manage an association for the development of the game of amateur football and for this purpose to take such steps as may be necessary to assist in the promotion, initiation and extension of the sport in the "Capital Area" of the Province of New Brunswick.
- To oppose improper methods and unethical practices prejudicial to the rightful conduct of amateur football, in order that honourable and fair competition may prevail.
- To promote and aid the development and growth of fun and safe tackle and flag football, in the "Capital Area" of the Province of New Brunswick, for all age groups and both genders.
- To develop "Self-esteem" in our Athletes
- To invest, or disburse, or make provision for the investment of disbursements of all or any part of the funds or other property of CAMFA in the manner deemed expedient for the best interests of CAMFA.
4. The affairs of CAMFA shall be governed by an Executive composed of the following:
- 9 Regional Vice-Presidents; 3 from Oromocto, 6 from Fredericton
- VP Fundraising
- VP Coaching Oromocto
- VP Coaching Fredericton
- Equipment Manager Oromocto
- Equipment Manager Fredericton
- VP Officials
In order to have the right to vote, a regional Vice President must have had at least one active team in their area during the preceding season.
5. The Executive is empowered to make all decisions regarding the operations of the association such as, acting within the approved budgetary provisions to purchase assets, pay bills, authorize expenses incurred on behalf of the association, etc. between meetings of the Membership.
- The Executive will be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Membership.
- The Executive will be elected by a majority vote of the Members in attendance at the Annual General Meeting.
- Each registered minor player in CAMFA during the preceding season shall be considered a Member for the purposes of this constitution and shall be entitled to one vote. Member votes will be cast by the Legal Guardian of each Member. Legal Guardians must be in attendance in order to vote. Each coach, manager, official or volunteer shall also be considered a Member and be entitled to one vote. No proxy votes are permitted.
- Each Member in attendance is entitled to one vote in electing the President, Secretary, Treasurer, Registrar, 2 Equipment Managers, 2 Coaching Coordinators, and Fundraising Coordinator of CAMFA.
- Each Member in attendance is entitled to one vote in electing the Vice Presidents for the area of CAMFA in which the Member lives.
- Vice President-Officials position will be filled by whoever acts as the Vice President-Capital Area in the New Brunswick Football Officials Association. This position will not be voted on by the Membership.
- All matters voted on by the Executive will be decided by a majority vote.
- The chairman shall not vote except in the event of a tie vote.
- The President, or in his absence, someone appointed by the Executive, shall chair all Executive meetings.
- A quorum for Executive meetings shall be at least ten of the nineteen Executive positions.
- The fiscal period for CAMFA will be the 12-month period ending on December 31 of each year. An independent accountant will be appointed each year by the Membership at the Annual General Meeting. The independent accountant will review the financial statement of CAMFA. The independent accountant's review report must be completed and distributed to the Membership at the Annual General Meeting.
6. Amendments to the Constitution
- Amendments to this constitution will be made only at a General Meeting of the membership of CAMFA.
- Notice of proposed amendments to the constitution shall be made in writing by letter to the Secretary of CAMFA, at least four weeks prior to a General Meeting of the membership at which the proposed change is to be voted upon. The Secretary will then provide the proposed Amendments to voting Members at least two weeks before the scheduled meeting by posting them on the CAMFA website.
- A three-quarter vote of the voting Members in attendance at a General Meeting of the membership will be necessary to amend this constitution.
7. The Membership will meet at least once annually, no later than April 30. Meetings of the Membership can be called by any of the President or any two other members of the Executive or by twenty-five Members of CAMFA. Notice of these meetings will be posted on the CAMFA website at least two weeks in advance. Notice will also be made in the Daily Gleaner during the week of the meeting.
8. The Executive will meet at least twice annually. Meetings of the Executive can be called by the President or any two members of the Executive.
9. At all meetings of CAMFA, Robert’s Rules of Order will determine the conduct.