With the understanding that youth sports are for the education, fun and the enjoyment of the kids, and that I, along with the other coaches, am responsible for the safety and well-being of the kids on the team and do hereby agree to the following:
• I am a volunteer for the Capital Area Minor Football Association as a whole. I understand that this is not “MY” team. Any suggestions and decisions by the Board of Directors will be enacted without challenge.
• I will be a positive role model for my players and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials, league executives, the league and spectators on or off the field, in every game, practice or other team related forum or event, including but not limited to methods of mass communication such as emails, online activities (forums and social media) or in print.
• I will place the emotional and physical well-being of the players ahead of my personal desire to win.
• I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for children in the same age group.
• I will provide a positive, encouraging, and safe playing environment for programs players.
• I will NOT use foul, derogatory, or abusive language when coaching or attending youth sports events.
• I will provide a sports environment for the programs team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol at all youth sports events, including practices and games.
• I will be knowledgeable in and abide by the rules of the youth football and the league in which we play and teach those rules to the program’s players.
• I will use coaching techniques appropriate for all the skills I teach.
• I will always remember that I am a youth sports coach and that the game is for the kids not the adults.
• I will always show respect for and abide by the decisions, calls and judgments of the officials at any game.
• I will not criticize a fellow coach, board member, child, or family member in front of the players, fans or families. I will only discuss any disagreements, differences of opinion or conflicts I may have with the person to whom I have the disagreement and at an appropriate time and place.
• I will not use or give out any CAMFA player’s information for use outside of CAMFA.
• I will not use the CAMFA logo without permission from CAMFA Executives.
I agree that by signing the Coaches Code of Ethics, I accept its rules as guidelines for my behavior. I agree that if I fail to abide by the Code of Ethics, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Verbal warning by official, and/or executive of league organization
• Written warning
• Game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file • Season suspension
• Removal from the league
Coaches Name (Print): ___________________________________
Coaches Signature: _______________________________________ Date: ___________________________